Altinet employees are expected to be competent in their roles, helpful, and stewards of customer information that is stored on products in the Altinet Datacentre and on our suppliers’ infrastructure. Altinet has established a number of measures to ensure that our customers and their data are protected. Altinet is also part of the Arrow Group and its affiliates and the Arrow entities are privy to their relevant policies and data protection measures.
Privacy & Control Mechanisms
All employees are required to accept and acknowledge in writing Altinet’s policies for non-disclosure and protection of Altinet and third party information. Altinet’s technical support team understand that during their day to day activities they may come into contact with customer information and data and they must keep this information confidential.
All Altinet employees including technicians are trained in a variety of ways. All employees receive class time training with the Altinet Management Team and HR specialists, this includes a Data Protection element. New technical employees also spend a large amount of time learning about the individual products that we provide, including getting the relevant accreditations. Product knowledge is tested through a formal online training university for all the products in Altinet’s portfolio.
All Altinet staff receive ongoing training throughout their employment. When an employee leaves Altinet a formal process is followed to ensure all access to business systems is revoked.
Managed Services Architecture & Data Centre Infrastructure
Altinet leases space in Amazon Web Services European Data Centres and each location is equipped with the following:
- Network firewalls built into Amazon VPC, and web application firewall capabilities in AWS WAF let you create private networks, and control access to your instances and applications
- Encryption in transit with TLS across all services
- Connectivity options that enable private, or dedicated, connections from your office or on-premises environment
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) lets you define individual user accounts with permissions across AWS resources
- AWS Multi-Factor Authentication for privileged accounts, including options for hardware-based authenticators
- Controlled access systems requiring key-card authentication
- Video-monitored access points
- Intrusion alarms
- Locking cabinets
- Climate control systems
- Waterless fire-suppressant systems
- Redundant power (generator backup, UPS, no single point of failure)
- Redundant Internet connectivity
- ISO and/or SOC II certified
Altinet is aware that customers knowing the location of their data is essential for meeting legal compliance and data protection laws. As above Altinet leases Data Center space from AWS and all locations used for Altinet services are based in European Union.
All Altinet services are hosted in AWS and are built in a High Availability mode that is durable and designed to operate continuously without failure. All services are regularly tested.